Click on a question to view the answer! If you still have questions not answered here, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you with any electrical challenges you may face.
This could mean one of two things:
- An intermittent chirp is probably an indication of a defective smoke detector.
- A consistent chirp is probably an indication of a low battery condition and the smoke detector requires a new battery.
This is usually caused by several factors:
- Use of non-brand named bulbs.
- Larger wattage bulbs, which cause excessive heat build-up, shortening the life of the bulb.
- Power Surges.
- Corroded lamp socket/loose connection.
With deregulation of the utility companies in most areas of the country, the cable or telephone companies are no longer responsible for the equipment or wiring in your home. This responsibility has fallen to you and your electrical contractor. Therefore, when a problem arises, we recommend you contact us. Most TV and telephone utilities will still service your home for a substantial fee. This service, as in the past, is no longer free.